About P V Dobson Dacia
P V Dobson’s heritage stretches back to just after the Second World War, when Percy Victor Dobson – known as P V – began selling tractors and agricultural machinery.
P V’s beginnings as a poultry farmer back in 1935 were brought to an end by a fire in the incubators, and during the war that followed he worked as an agricultural contractor and engineer. He also found the time to transport the local Home Guard in his cattle truck and, when the war ended, he became increasingly involved in buying and selling used tractors across the UK. P V would convert tractors to diesel engines, and this growing involvement with vehicles continued as Britain adjusted following years of conflict.
The 1950s and 1960s saw P V’s sons join the business, and the acquisition of the Nuffield franchise in 1957 resulted in the father and son trio selling JCB machines from 1959. A partnership with Massey Ferguson (MF) followed in 1967, and MF continues to be the principle franchise for a variety of machines and equipment to this day.
Through the 1990s and into 2000, the use of mini diggers grew in significance, and the Kubota franchise was formed in 1992 to cater for this need. Today, Yamaguchi, Morooka and Thomas Skid are all represented, attracting many agricultural and industrial customers to our site. 2004 marked the opening of a new branch on the Snaygill Industrial Estate, Skipton, expanding P V’s reach in North and West Yorkshire. This was followed by a further agreement with Fendt in 2005 to supply its products.
The Bridge End Garage was purchased in 1987 and, since then, it has been constantly developed to modernise and update its facilities. The site has seen a number of owners over the years, beginning life as a series of cottages and a cycle repair shop. Today, it serves as the location for our Dacia dealership in Levens, near Kendal, Cumbria.ext here ...